Friday, January 4, 2008

White Bird Reading

I don't know if any of you have read it yet, but I thought the selected reading was eloquently written and captivating. I especially took interest in the section on nature. "Nature is energy and struggle." The sentimental view, on the part of the observer, is one I can associate with.

Living near the ocean I have seen the sun rise while sitting on my surfboard during a morning surf session, the skies pink and blue, seagulls sweetly flying overhead - the absolute calm of the ocean -its my perfect moment of zen. And on the contrast, I have seen that same ocean during a storm, the black-gray waters churning, tearing at the dunes, destroying everything in its path.

The article was an expressive way of telling the reader that different perspectives from different observers can produce a much different effect in terms of the emotional experience that one might have.

No comments: